Saturday 24 September 2011

The four hour walk!

Hello again! On Wednesday this week me and my Cocker Spaniel pal Benji went for a big walk, four hours in total! Here are a few pictures of our journey!


We started out on this path. In years gone by we think it was a railway, but now it is fairly popular with dog walkers, cyclists, joggers etc. It is a very nice route from Wells (where we live) to Dulcote which is a village. We walked beyond Dulcote to Dinder, which I like as it sounds like dinner!

Me and Benji on the track
 We get told off if we climb the bank on the right, as that's where the road is, but on the left it just leads to woodland. Due to the amount of trees, this is a nice shady walk in summer. It gets a bit muddy in places now but it's still really pretty!

Benji waiting for his tennis ball.
This is Benji. He's about 14 months old.. (I think). He is completely obsessed with his ball!


Buzz the mountain goat
 Benji stayed on the path.. but not me! I like to explore and use my four feet drive!


These next pictures were taken in Dinder, as Humum didn't take any more pictures on the way, but I can tell you at one point we were walking through a field of cows, and half way through noticed there was a rather large bull in with them! Most of the time there are warning signs up where bulls are but not here!


Anyway, onwards :D

You want to sit here??
Two hours in, we stopped to have a rest. Well.. they did. I sat down for about ten seconds..



Ner ner ner ner!

Benji wouldn't play.. so I stole his owner.. But all he could think about was the ball.


Benji does love the ball.

ARGH! 
Not sure what happened there but mini man appears to be about to strangle me!!!

Buzz attaaaaack!
Benji hypnotised by his tennis ball. Here I come to disrupt things again!!

PLAY WITH ME!
 I don't actually like tennis balls. I just didn't want to sit down and be boring!

Look, I'm really cute...

Come on, Benji, play!
 Mini man is a bit further away than us. Good job really he's not great for these games!
Give me the ball!
I am slightly bigger than Benji... he has big feet though!

Formulating a plan..
Well if I can't get the ball then...
Teehee...



I GOT THE BALL THROWER!
Now you can't have it thrown very far, Benji! Mwahahahahah!

Nice view
Not quite sure where we are looking at in this picture!


Another view
In that picture you can see Glastonbury Tor.

Well I was completely worn out after this walk and spend most of the next two days sound asleep!

Thank you for reading my blog, we had great fun doing it!

Buzz.

3 comments:

  1. Woof, what a fab walk. It's kind of scary seeing those photos of Benji, coz it's a bit like looking at myself! Well, except I'm a girl of course, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Buzz. Love your pics. I WOL at the one where your little man looks like he's about to strangle you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

    My name is Oskar & I'd love for you to check out my blog, www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great place for pet bloggers to come together & find each other.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete